Aw yeah. Re-reading Prisoner of Azkaban was a complete joy. This really is J K Rowling writing at her best here. No extraneous bits, the plots moves at a thundering pace and it is fantastic. Even the time travelling which is notorious to pull off well is competently done. The character development really starts here, we start to learn more about Snape and some of the reasons why he hated James Potter so much. Oh Severus, so much disappointment for you in this novel.
So without further ado five things from Prisoner
- Minerva Mcgonagall being disrespectful and passive aggressive towards Professor Trelawney and barely even managing to conceal it from the students. My favourite dig comes from Christmas dinner where Sibyl has been waxing lyrical and she counters by picking up a dish: “Tripe, Sybil?”
- Remus Lupin. The best Defence Against Dark Arts teacher ever. Marauder’s map manufacturer and werewolf. He gets a bum deal in this novel yet still fights for what is right.
- The dementors. They are a brilliant representation of depression and they are one of the most disturbing things in the the series of novels.
- That said I love way to fight them is a Patronus which is the essence of happiness in animal form. I would really like to have one of my own. It would probably a cat.
- Chocolate as the remedy for a Dementor attack. I try to always carry some round just in case.